Thursday, May 20, 2010

BLOG #4: Reflection On The Class

In the class MEDP150 the readings worked for me well. The readings in the text book and other reading materials that were assigned explained the subjects well. The readings were presented in an easy language so I was able to comprehend the subjects as I read on. It accompanied by pictures in the text were a huge help in further understanding the material as well.

In addition, the concise definitions and terms in the text were very helpful and provided a clear understanding of the material on each subject. The lectures in the class were able to pull everything together from the reading material. I was able to further understand the material due to the lectures that was given in class.

I enjoyed basically all parts of the course but the ones I particular enjoyed was lectures on framing/composition and Lens and Lighting demonstration in the lab. The material presented was explained clearly and the pictures that were shown made it even more understandable. I would have appreciated more examples and hands-on demonstrations of camera shooting techniques squeezed in one of the lab sessions. My only complaint was that I wish there were more hands-on activities in lab. For example, I would have liked to see of hands-on video production and camera work applying what we covered in the lectures and readings. Nevertheless, this class was intended to be an introduction class briefly covering different areas of Media so I guess it‘s difficult to compact a whole a lot into one semester. I do feel like I’m leaving this course with introduction of new knowledge, but more hands-on would have been even more helpful. The one take away I will remember is a little of everything in the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment