Monday, September 20, 2010

Blog Entry #1: What I Hear Around Me

I hear many sounds around me on a daily basis in the air around me. Some of these sounds that I hear may include from people’s voices or automobiles outside. The many sounds are inescapable from the loudest to the lowest sound.

I also hear media very often it is around me on a daily basis just like any other sound. However, the media’s impact plays a more important role of what I hear around me. The music that played on radio stations can be heard in my home. The radio is able to reach a vast amount of people in a short time. A trip to the supermarket or shopping in a clothing store I hear the radio station music being played over speakers. I hear the sound of a radio station playing music coming from automobiles. The radio can be heard over the internet as many sites now broadcast their programs via web.

The impact of digital media when it comes to hearing media is vast. The use of digital media such as compact discs (CD’s) can be heard. I hear music or audio in my home on a stereo or on my computer’s CD-ROM. The sound music or audio can be heard on video game consoles as it plays audio CD’s. I hear music or audio on cellular phones from people near me as the music is played from their phones. I can hear music, audio or varying sounds on a websites via internet either for advertisement purposes or interactive material for the website.

The conversation of media I’ve heard taken place many times among people without them being conscious of it. For example, I hear people talking about a music or audio on their cellular phone that was playing. I hear people talking about various television shows and a current news event that made headlines either by newspaper or television without realizing that media is what they are discussing indirectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment