Friday, November 5, 2010

BLOG #3: Production Notes

It was a fun process in completing the video project in reflection. The shooting and editing process was collectively interesting and worth while. After completing the public service announcement video project process, there are a few things I would do differently if given the chance.

One of the things I would do is during the video project is to try to film more B-roll shots as possible. The more B-roll shots that you have access to you can then use them to inter-cut with the main shot of an interview. I believe we should have gotten little more B-roll shots just to be safe even though the video works well I feel with what we had filmed.

Another thing I would do during the video production is to get more interviews as possible. It can become difficult to get people to appear on camera for interviews at a short notice oppose to a pre-planned scheduled interviews. I think maybe we should have made an effort more to get more interviews, but we had some time constraint that has to be considered on the shoot. However, we were able to get some promising interviews that worked very well for the video.

Some of the aspects of the project I like are that we were able to put together a concise video from the footage we shot on the shoot in post production. It all came together very well when we started to lay down our video clips to edit. Secondly, the other aspect of the project that I liked was the script because it helped guide us right through during the video shoot. There is not much I would change about the video project other than what I’ve said previously.

If anything I would change or add in the video project is to probably have a continuous theme throughout after every narration. The continuous theme may have been of students walking sped up with effects and Hunter College logo shot on video. In any case, it would have been an idea, but it’s not highly necessary to make the video effective because it still works well as it is already. I learned even more that you have to shoot and hustle along to the next shot as possible when you have time constraints.


No comments:

Post a Comment